4.17.2011

Spring is Here!

One of those weeks...

You know when you have one of those weeks when nothing goes quite as planned?  Nothing catastrophic or anything, but everything is definitely a bit off... that was this week.


First, our ocean shipment from the US was delivered.  This is great news because our rental bed was really starting to break our backs.  Not to mention, it was exciting to get our own things in our apartment to make it feel more like our home.  Everything went well with the delivery except that our box spring won't fit into our apartment building.  The building is 100 years old, and apparently they built stairs for munchkins back then.  Of course, there isn't really an elevator to speak of.  They attempted to bring it in through the window (we are four stories up, not sure how they do that), but no luck there either.  So, that's it.  We just don't have a box spring for our bed.  We have our mattress supported with our Christmas tree box... good thing we shipped that!  I'm just waiting to go crashing to the floor in the middle of the night.  "Just buy a new box spring there" you say... Nope, not that simple.  They are a different size and won't fit our bed frame.  As for our box spring, we can either pay 1,000 euro to have it stored for the three years we are here or trash it.  Au revoir box spring.


The next day we received our shipment of new furniture we purchased - I was very pumped for this delivery! Again, nothing major happened except that the company sent us two sets of table legs and no top for our dining room table.  We have eight legs to eat dinner on :)  No biggie, someone else was accidentally shipped two tops and no legs, so the company will remedy the issue asap.


On Thursday I went to yoga with our friend Kelly.  After yoga we took a metro (subway) ride to the 18e to do some shopping.  Kyle had mentioned that he felt like he should be writing about our experiences here, so I found the perfect leather journal I thought he would love (I also found a cute little watch for myself).  On the way home, Kelly and I stopped at a cafe for an afternoon coffee.  When we went to leave my bag was no longer under my seat where I had put it.  I'm going to act as if someone accidentally grabbed it thinking it was their bag.  That makes me feel better than thinking I was stolen from on a lovely spring afternoon.  


The following day I fell on the stairs in the metro on my way to yoga.  In front of a lot of people.  No one helped me up.  Thanks folks.


Anyway, like I said, it's just been one of those off weeks.  Thank goodness that spring is here though!  It is a great reminder to get over it and enjoy where we are!

Spring in The City of Lights


Kyle and I finally purchased a good camera last weekend and are able to take some pictures with something other than our iPhones.  Hooray!


This picture was taken from our front window the day we found our apartment in February.

This is the same view this week.  Muuuuuch better.

Buckley likes the view.




Our building.




Our Street.

We finally got to take the Sunset Champagne Cruise on the Seine that I arranged for Kyle's bday.  It worked out perfectly, so we're actually really happy we were running late on his rainy birthday.






 This is what Parisians do on the weekends. Not bad, eh?



 Notre Dame


 Love it.



The cruise was so much fun!  We definitely need to do it again with visitors.

The next day was beautiful also, so we decided to picnic then take a walk around the neighborhood.

 I caught on to the whole lazy picnic thing pretty well.


 Nice legs.







 I bet that apartment isn't too shabby.






Someone was all tuckered out at the end of the day.

Maygan

3 comments:

  1. I'm sorry you had such a bad week! It can only get better, right!?!

    Great photos! Keep them coming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to visit!!!! Beautiful! All of you and your photos! Glad your bad week is over Maygo! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pictures look like post cards! Gorgeous! Keep yer chin up - things will get better:) Love you!

    ReplyDelete