7.06.2011

It's My Party and I'll Sweat if I Want To!

We Heart Texas


A couple weeks ago Kyle and I filled our suitcases to the max (well, mostly me) and headed back to Houston for a much anticipated visit.  


The main point of the trip was to attend the nuptials of Amy and Nick Dupuy.  The wedding was beautiful and we had a fab time!  I can't prove any of this to you though, because I'm a total slacker and didn't bring my camera.  Here is a pic of the happy couple I swiped from someone on FB...


Gorgeous!






Since this was the only time Kyle and I would be in Texas before our wedding, our lovely Bridesmaids threw us a wedding shower the day after the Dupuy wedding.  We wanted to make it a Couple's Shower for a couple reasons... to maximize our hanging-out-with-loved-ones time and so I could wiggle out of it being super bridey :)  Thanks for being good sports, boys!  I know you all LOVE a good wedding shower on a Sunday afternoon.


The girls found a great location - a restaurant in the Heights that is closed on Sundays and is BYOB.  Perfect!  We could have the whole place to ourselves and bring in our own beer and wine for everyone.  Not to mention great food and servers to help with set-up and clean-up.  What could go wrong?


Well, the second Kyle and I walked in Amanda whispered to me "Don't freak out, buuuut..." Nothing good follows those words.  The freak-out worthy issue was that the A/C was out in the building.  Gulp.  No A/C, 45 people on their way, Houston in June.  This could be really bad.  OR we could make the best of it, have a great time with our friends, and have a good story.  We voted for the latter, of course!  


Although there is no doubt it was HOT AS HELL in there and I was a Sweaty Betty the whole time, Kyle and I had a wonderful time!  That's what matters, right?!  We had a blast seeing everyone and the food was delish.


Thank you so much to Amanda, Ali, Carrie, Sarah and Kayla for putting everything together.  And a special shout-out to Jennifer for making the awesome cupcakes that everyone loved!  And thanks to everyone that came!!!


I think the sweat gives everyone a nice, healthy glow.  Don't you?













After the shower, a group of us headed indoors for some sweet relief from the heat.





Ali enjoying Jenn's cupcakes :)




Jenn and Jamie joined us with their cuties, Taylor and Jackson.



Taylor enjoying/destroying Mommy's cupcakes :)



Jackson wasn't enjoying the party...



...until he found Amanda and Ryan!




Other Happenings...


The first week in Texas we went to Austin.  We fit a lot into a couple days there.  We ordered our wedding bands, had a dinner party, saw Bran and Carrie's new house, visited old friends, had lots of fun!


Our hosts.  Looking pleased to see us.



Marley.  Apparently putting a curse on us.




Dinner party with James and Jenny



Fancying things up with homemade Brie en Croute.  Yum!






Hanging with Brandi and Justin right before a freaky storm broke out.


Discovering their thumbs?




Back in Houston now, Sarah and Ricky had a Tex Mex potluck dinner to welcome us back home.





Paul and his lady, Allison.



Clay and his boy, Juan.


A bald Chihuahua named Juan makes the Tex Mex party authentic.


No trip home would be complete without hanging out with my old work peeps, Suppa Sistas and hanging with the fam.  

We met at Fleming's for happy hour.  More like happy hourS.




We Suppa Sista'd a week early so I could be there!


I ended the trip with a morning run and breakfast with Dad.  


Now it's back to Paris for a month of healthy living and relaxing before our Big Day!!!  We just can't wait to see everyone in Aspen.  Can't wait!

Bisous!
Maygan

No comments:

Post a Comment