7.08.2011

Why Can't X-Rays See Through Clothes?

Peculiar Medical Exam...

Yesterday Kyle and I had to go in for our required medical exam to get our visas.  I'm really not sure what the point of the exam is, so I'll just give you the rundown of the what happened.  Maybe someone else can figure it out?


First, they took us individually into a room.  They ask if you need glasses or contacts, make you read a whopping three letters on the opposite wall (this should really tell them how your eyesight is), and take your height and weight.


Next, they put you in a hallway with three doors in front of you.  Behind each door is a small room, probably 4X4, with another door leading out in the opposite direction.  They say when someone comes out of one of the doors, you go in a remove your top.  Someone will be in to get you.  Okaaaaaaay...


A man and a woman opened the door on the other side and told me I also needed to remove my bra for the lung X-Ray.  I find this odd.  Don't X-Rays see through things?  Oh well, they probably give you one of those paper robes things, right?  Nope.  You just stand there.  Topless.  In front of two strangers.  Then they smoosh you up against a cold machine and make you stand there for a minute while it scans you.  


I'm an American people, I'm bashful!


Then you shuffle back across the room, half naked, to your little box to get dressed.  Back to the waiting room until you're called in by the doctor.  The doctor inspects your X-Ray (for TB, I think), takes a couple vitals and sends you on your way.  


They give you your X-Ray to take home with you.  If we were more artsy maybe we could do something creative with these...  Mine is the more, um, feminine one.




Bisous!
Maygan

No comments:

Post a Comment