10.23.2012

A Trip To Strasbourg To See Radiohead

A Meat, Potatoes & Beer Kinda Trip

Back in March, for Kyle's birthday, I got tickets to see Kyle's favorite band Radiohead in Strasbourg. It ended up being the perfect destination for a Kyle gift because it was right up his alley... Lots of good beer (since Strasbourg is just near the border of Germany), slow cooked meat in sauce, charming little village, friendly people and an awesome concert. Just right!

Our friend Aldo had an "American friends, meet French friends" party the night before we left (that consisted of champagne and jello shots, eek), which made waking up at 6:00 am for our train a little bit of a struggle. However, our nearly comatose state the first day made for a ton of good laughs. I can't remember the last time I laughed til I cried 15 times in one day! 
Do not accidentally order the kidneys in Strasbourg. You will regret it.
 Happy again :)
 The cathedral is crazy. So detailed, you don't know what to look at.











 Nothing like a bowla joe to perk you up
 14th century wine cellar in the basement of a hospital
 Oldest bottle of wine in the world - from 1472
 I think he was trying to get out of the way, but I made him look like he was modeling
 Big tree.
 Adorable
 Schooling Kyle at dominoes 

 Interesting shoe choice for touring around a medieval cobblestoned city


 Beer, beer & more beer. Thank goodness we were only there for a few days, I couldn't have kept up much longer. Such a lightweight when it comes to heavy beer these days! I felt like my stomach was going to explode.

People of Strasbourg
I'm not sure if there was some sort of amazing hair convention going on while we were there, but there were some fabulous people there...
Seriously, I love them




And of Course, The Main Event...
The Radiohead show was unbelievable! I like Radiohead, but I've never been a listen-to-song-after-song kind of fan. That's Kyle. He's seen them live several times, but it was a first for me. I knew they would be really good, but I totally wasn't expecting the show to be so awesome. Kyle said it was the best he's seen. 
They had these TV screens that moved around and had different effects for each song. They were showing live shots of each band member on different screens like they normally do at concerts, but they were showing it like documentary style or something - so cool. 

 Singing his little heart out
Bisous!
Maygan

4 comments:

  1. Great pictures! And the shoes on that lady... how did she not break those heels?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For real! Poor thing. She was just standing there teeter-tottering while her family had fun!

      Delete
  2. Glad you guys had so much fun! I don't know what the deal is but your name never scrolls on my Facebook page, so I never see when you post pictures until I remember to manually check it. Have you blocked me or something:) Just kidding, chat soon? I sure do miss y'all!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Definitely haven't blocked ya :) My FB was like that with a bunch of people's posts a while back, but somehow righted itself in one of the billions of FB changes. We miss y'all too!!! Catch-up call is in order soon xx

      Delete