11.13.2012

Chocolate Festival. Mmm Hmm, That's Right!

Salon du Chocolat

You heard me right. A festival of chocolate was held. We attended. Leave it to Paris to host such an extraordinary event.

Of course chocolate was the star of the show. But not to be out shined was the rest of the sweet, sugary, delicious food group... macarons, candies, cake in all forms - pops, sliced, whole, the cup variety. It was beautiful. And tasty. And exciting. And we ate our weight in treats and left with stomach aches. 

Because this is Paris and everything must be magical, there was also a CHOCOLATE FASHION SHOW! Yep, designers and chocolatiers collaborate to create whimsical pieces of wearable, edible art that they display in a fashion show that's not to be missed!

Well, I missed it. Not for lack of effort though. I tried to catch a glimpse, but was out-elbowed by the far feistier, far more sugar-buzzed crowd forming an impervious ring around the catwalk and missed the whole thing. I heard it was spectacular. 

Instead, I took the opportunity to seize the free samples that were now abandoned by the sweet crazed spectators. Things worked out brilliantly.

Naturally we were accompanied by our favorite sugar-loving, treat-adoring Paris bestie, Julie. Which is exactly how it should be when attending any sort of festival in Paris! 
 We met a pal as soon as we got there and he continued to give us complimentary huge slabs of delicious dark chocolate the whole time we were there because he loves Texans! 










The bizarre, the beautiful, the clever, the creative
I don't know what that's made of, but I know I don't want any part of it.
 Hand painted with chocolate paint! So pretty.
 Chocolate lipstick. Can you imagine the reactions if I started eating my lipstick on the metro? Bet I wouldn't be bothered as much. 
 Chocolate dipped macarons. Ooh la la.

 Arc du Chocolat Triomphe 
 Chocolate Sausage


  Parisian Grand Marnier, the perfect accompaniment to super dark chocolate :)
After sampling so many sweets, we all needed something savory and some veggies in our system. "Let's just share a light dinner" we said. 
So, we visited our buddy Ludovic at his Italian restaurant. This is not what we had in mind for a starter, but we managed to finish it anyway. It's as full as I can remember being in a while. Chocolate festivals are so worth it though!
Ludovic was also at the Salon du Chocolat... obvious?

Bisous!
Maygan

2 comments:

  1. 4th picture down is now my screen saver. Tables of chocolate?! Un.be.lievable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures!! Makes me full all over again!

    ReplyDelete